Watch the Trailer

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Stop: Saskatoon


Saskatoon was the first stop on this cross-Canada tour. I just showed the film today at the University of Saskatchewan and feel buoyed by the response - talk about an engaged audience!

Thanks to Professor Len Findlay and the Humanities Research Unit for sponsoring the event. Len was receptive to the idea from the beginning; he gives me hope that there are still university professors who care deeply about this country and who want to see us remain strong and - to quote a familiar tune - free!

David Orchard, one of the political commentators in the film, was on hand - with Len and me - for the Q&A which was very lively! (David, as many of you know, is a long-time activist and organic farmer in Saskatchewan.)

All-in-all, it was a wonderful way to kick-off this tour!

In about 6 hours - at 2 a.m. - I will board the train in Saskatoon and travel to Toronto with one (1 hour) stop-over in Winnipeg, to drop off posters and postcards, in advance of the screening there on the way back - December 13th at the Winnipeg Film Group's Cinematheque.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the fall issue of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=avg internet security 8.0.93a1300 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the black methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg