Watch the Trailer

Monday, November 24, 2008

Dick and Pat from Fargo

I met Dick and Pat DuBord on the Winnipeg - Toronto leg of my cross-Canada tour. They sat across from me in 'Comfort Class' (AKA: 'Coach') and we hit it off immediately. They are having a ball - as retired university profs - and spend a lot of time traveling the world. On this trip, they were taking the long way to visit their daughter, her husband and new baby in New Jersey. It was November 13th, just after the Obama win, and - as good lefties - our spirits were high!

They gave me the name of the woman who runs the Fargo Theater and suggested I contact her about showing my film, "The U.S. and Us". I wonder how it would play to a/that U.S. audience? It could be really interesting.....

Oh, and they said that film, "Fargo" wasn't shot in Fargo but in nearby Brainard, where there's more snow.

No comments: